Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Merrick ~ Chapter 5

Well Gavin's birthday is here, he will become a teenager today. We decided not to have a big party for him and make it a special event with just us. After he blew out his candles we all sat outside and ate cake together. It was really nice to just sit and talk for awhile.



I was really hoping that with Gavin being a teen he would come out of his shell and make some friends. What better way to get him out then to teach him how to drive. He did really well and learned very quick, I was impressed. After he received his license we had him drive us all to the cat park in town. It was newly built and although we didn't have or want any animals, we still wanted to see it. It was always one more way I could think of getting Gavin out of the house.




Later that night Gavin asked if he could get an after school job, I was so excited. This would help him be social for sure. I am thinking that he is going to do a lot better now. So Gavin got hired as a Commercial
Actor, I really couldn't believe that.  


My father phoned me and asked if I would come over to visit, so I headed there to hang out for awhile. My dad has really fell of the rocker since mom died. He was saying the most bizarre things and acting really creepy while he was playing his game. I think he made need counseling or something to help him deal with mom being gone. I was so worried that I called Susanna and told her I was going to spend the night with him.



I finally reached my life time wish and am now at the top of my career. I rushed straight home to tell everyone the good news but got a shock of my own instead. Susanna told me that we were expecting another child. I just couldn't believe it! We did try a few times when Gavin was a child to give him a sibling but weren't having any success. I think maybe we were both to stressed out at the time and now that were not we have a new baby on the way.


Susanna was acting so different during this pregnancy then when she was pregnant with Gavin. Her mood swing were a little unbearable and unfortunately she took them out on Gavin. She always seemed to be yelling at him for one thing or another.



I talked to Gavin about it and tried to explain that it was nothing he was doing wrong, she was just very hormonal. He said he understood and didn't think bad about her and for that I am grateful. I would hate for their relationship to fall apart over her uncontrollable hormones.


I was so excited the night she told me it was time that I ran out to the car to get her to the hospital. I couldn't wait for this pregnancy to be over and I am sure that Gavin felt the same way.


Being a doctor you think that I couldn't be surprised but boy did I get a shocker in the delivery room. We were having twins and they were both girls. We named them Blossom and Willow. Susanna put Willow in the stroller while we were walking out to the car and she looked so happy sitting in there. It made my heart melt a little for my angel.



The night we brought the girls home was the only night that Susanna spent any time with the girls for awhile. I was always the one feeding, playing and cuddling our little darlings. Even Gavin spent more time with the twins than Susanna. I think she may be having some postpartum depression, hopefully she snaps out of it before the girls get to big.




It was prom time for Gavin and I got him a limo to ride in. He didn't have a date but said that there was a girl he liked and he was going to ask her to dance with him at prom. I really hope things go well for him at prom.



Gavin looked devastated when he came out of the school, prom didn't go that well after all. First his crush said no to the dance and then made fun of him in front of everyone. Then as a joke he was voted prom king and in his speech he thanked everyone for rigging the votes. Then right before it was over he got into a fight with someone after they laughed at him for falling flat on his face while dancing.


I knew he had a rough night but that is no excuse for fighting so when he got home I laid into him and grounded him for the weekend. He wasn't very happy with me but he needs to learn that violence does not solve anything.



Gavin spent the weekend doing homework and helping out around the house. I was so impressed by his behavior that I let him off grounding early. Susanna and I spent the weekend mostly in the  hot tub reconnecting.



It felt good to have my wife back to normal again and just in time for the twins birthday. This time around we were going to throw a big party. Gavin helped us plan it and it was all set to go for next weekend. It was going to be a little strange to have two toddlers and a teenager in the house but it is the life I have wished for.


2 comments:

  1. I bet the twins are cute little girls and I hope to see them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. twins :)i like their names.
    I love Gavin already - he is cute :)
    you want to hope that reconnecting doest create more babies - lol

    ReplyDelete