Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Merrick ~ Chapter 4

Gavin has been a very needy toddler so far. We have taught him all his skills but he still cries to get attention instead of using his words. Even when Susanna is standing right in front of his crib, he will scream his head off.


There are the rare occasions when he will sit and play by himself but he demands most of our time. I try to play with him as much as possible when I am home and Susanna takes him out on walks everyday. He is not a bad behaving child just very vocal and demanding. It could be due to the fact that he is an only child and therefore spoiled rotten.



Susanna and I have no wish to have another child. We are perfectly happy with our family as it is now. Neither of us have felt the need to flirt with anyone else for years now. We are even good friends with Clawdeen and we haven't had anymore flirting issues. We valued our friendship more than the excitement we felt at flirting.

We have three birthdays this week, all of us will be entering the next phase in our lives. Susanna and I went out for our birthday since she had to go promote a new drink at the club anyway.


Then when we got home Gavin had birthday with just us there. We didn't want to have a big party for him and it was really nice to just our little family there for this special moment.


He is growing up to look just like me! He is a very handsome boy, not that I am biased or anything.


The first thing Susanna did after his birthday was scare the crap out of him. He saw it coming too and still got scared. Susanna got a lot of satisfaction out of that.



We did surprise him with a makeover of one of the rooms just for him. We even put two beds in there in case he wanted to have a sleep over after he made some friends. We also added his own bathroom.



My father called me up today and asked if I would come by. I thought it strange, he has never done that before. Him and my sisters were there, they all looked a bit sad and I had no clue was going on.



I was not prepared for what he told me next. My mother has died! He said that it was just her time and she had a full and happy life. I knew she was getting old but it still hurt to hear that she was gone and I didn't get to say goodbye.



When I went home I got on my computer to play chess. That has always been a great way for me to think and sort out all my feelings about things. I ended up playing all night long and was to tired to go to work the next day. It wont help me get my promotion but hey I figured I deserved a day off after the news I got.


I think my son is insane! He is always holding these special little gatherings at the table but no one is there with him. On his first day of school he wore a tuxedo but his reasoning for that did sound sane. He said he wanted to look his best on the first day but he still wears it to school everyday.




Another thing that worries me about him is that he hasn't made any friends at school. He sits by himself a lot of the time looking deep in thought and plays a lot of make believe stories and games. I guess it is good that he has such a vivid imagination but I still worry about him not having any friends.




Today the school called me at work and said that Gavin never showed up to school. I immediately panicked because he got on the school bus the same time that I left for work. So I rushed to the school only to find him sitting outside in just a pair of shorts and not the tux that he left in. I tried talking with him about it but he just said he felt constricted in the tux and needed to get out of. I decided to take him home for the day.



Susanna and I might have to think about having another baby because I just don't think that Gavin will be able to handle being the heir to our family legacy. His birthday is just around the corner and I am hoping that he will come out of his shell and make some friends when he is a teenager.

1 comment:

  1. you know Gavin is acting exactly how Cory acted in mine - I bet when he is a teen he will spend most of his time just sat moping in the sandpit!!! Cory didnt have any traits that could have caused the behaviour he had all good traits - he is still like it now - very moody without having the grumpy trait.

    ReplyDelete