Monday, July 30, 2012

Chapter 7 ~ Gavin

I loved being home with my family. I spent a lot of time with Ethan, playing and such. I never knew it was possible to miss someone as much as I missed my wife and son. The favorite part of my day was waking up with Ethan and having one on one time with him.



Ethan is such a happy little guy no matter what he is doing. I think his favorite time of the day is when he eats.   He just looks so content when he is in his highchair putting his fingers in his food. 


When Ethan plays with his blocks he looks so excited and just smiles and giggles all the while. Teaching him to use the potty has been very easy as well. Our little guy is just so eager to learn anything and soaks it all up like a little sponge. 



I have made a start on teaching Ethan all of his basic skills that he will need to know grow up successfully. It would seem though that everyone around the house, myself included, has not been feeling very well. Loretta swears that her skin color is changing and getting darker, Ethan has been fussy lately and his hair is changing and getting thinner. I have noticed that my own hair is thinning out and am beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with what I was working on for the military. 

To help Ethan with his fussiness, we bought him a swing. It seems to calm him down a lot and he often naps in it. As for Loretta and I, there is really nothing we can do. I think a trip in to the office is in order to find out what is going on. 



Well it is official, I will never work on a top secret assignment again. It turns out that the military would not talk to me about what was going and basically acted like they had no clue who I was. Luckily I have a close friend on the inside that meet up with me and gave me the scoop on what was going on. 

It turns out the virus I was working on was for chemical warfare and some of it was accidentally released into the air. My family was not the only one reporting these feelings and it was turning in to an epidemic. Thankfully there was a cure for the virus and he had slipped out three doses for me. He was not supposed to tell me any of this as I mentioned before and he said that it would be a good idea to take my family and leave. I really didn't want to stick around and watch the people I grew up with die along with my family. 

I went home and immediately gave us all the treatment. I then told Loretta to pack a bag and get in the car because we were moving as far away as we could. I looked up a small town in the mountains called Appaloosa and got the directions then headed for the car and never looked back. 

I bought us a huge house with a security gate that no one could come through unless they buzzed us. We all stayed in doors for a long time due to the way we all looked. During the drive to Appaloosa the virus took full effect before the cure kicked in and the aftermath was not a pretty sight. Ethan lost all his hair and I lost most of mine but Loretta got the worst of it and her skin turned black. 




For Loretta and I it didn't take too long for the effects to reverse itself but Ethan's hair was not coming back so fast. Since he was only bald we decided it would be safe to go out in public and check out our new home. So Loretta put Ethan in the stroller and went walking around town while I headed to the local science facility to get a job. 



The fishing spots in this town are amazing and everything is so beautiful. I think we are all really going to like living here. Oh and the wildlife seems to be everywhere you turn. Although most of them are terrified of people and turn to run away as soon as they see you. 



Patches has been such a trooper though this whole thing so we decided to get her a companion. We figured it would be good for her to have another cat to play with so we called the pet shelter and adopted another female cat named Nona. 

Nona and Patches checked each other out at first unsure of the other and then it was like they were instant friends. They started pouncing and playing with each other and at one point it looked like they were hugging. It really was one of the cutest things I have every seen. 





Ethan's birthday was coming up soon and I really wanted him to age up well so I gave it another go on teaching him how to talk. It was the last thing he needed to learn and it seemed that he was not going to figure it out in time. But I was not going to give up on it until the last possible minute. 


I was unable to teach Ethan all the fundamentals of talking before his birthday arrived but I don't think it will really make a difference. School will catch him up on everything else he needs to know and on the bright side he seems to have a good sense of humor about the whole thing. His hair has finally grown back and he now looks like a normal little boy. 


Ethan never really paid much attention to Patches when he was little but now that he is older he loves to shower Patches with attention. He is always petting her and feeding her and from the looks of it she is very much attached to him. I wonder if he will grow up to be a cat lover like his mother. 





*Due to a cc malfunction in my game I had to remove it all and it seriously messed up my towns. Not wanting to deal with going through the whole town and fixing everyone I just moved them to a new one and repopulated the town with different sims. 




2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting way to move them to fix the problem. Ethan looks so serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant way to fix the situation!! Loved it! Wishacy's can be pretty easy, in some regards, but when something happens unexpectedly or the game throws you a curve, you have to be creative to make it make sense to the readers. For instance in my game right now, I don't have the chapter that it gets resolved in up yet, but my girl was flirting with a guy and then they almost kissed. She wanted to know if he was dating anyone, so I stopped her from kissing him (she and him tried to kiss auto). I then asked him and he said he was with another girl. I "posed" her as mad and made her upset about it. But then the next night, he called her AGAIN to invite her to a party. So, I had to create a huge story line about the two of them and this other girl. Hardest work yet. Hopefully, the story makes sense, but it took me like 3 days of working it.

    ReplyDelete