Thursday, July 19, 2012

Gavin ~ Chapter 6

Well it's official, Loretta told me the doctor said she was pregnant. I was so happy and the first thing I wanted to so was tell my father. He would be so pleased with us and wouldn't have to worry anymore about the family legacy.


I got a phone call from Sara Swan inviting us to her party tonight. I knew my father would be there too and thought it would be the perfect time to tell him the good news. I really wanted to have a boy and I knew my father would be able to tell us what we were having. Loretta didn't care either way what gender the baby was, she was just happy to be starting our family. 

Right before her maternity leave started she was promoted to a Minor Leaguer. She was a little worried about losing her good physic and decided to continue working out during the pregnancy. I didn't see any reason for her not to, after all that is what her body is used to. So before we got ready for the party she worked out for a bit while I started reading a book about babies. 


My father was so excited when we showed up to the party and he saw that Loretta was wearing maternity clothes. We didn't even have to tell him, he just knew. He took no time in telling us that we were going to have a bouncing baby boy. I was floored because I was actually getting the son I wanted. My father laughed at me and said this is what is supposed to happen to the heir. They get everything they wish for and things they never knew they wanted. 



   Loretta has been filling her days at home with cleaning and working out. Those seem to be the two things that she is obsessed with during this pregnancy. She is terribly afraid that she is going to lose her body after she has the baby. I just keep giving her words of encouragement when she will let me. 

I have been passing the time throwing myself in to my work. I have been working on a top secret assignment for the military and my hard work has gotten me another promotion to Mad Scientist. I can't go in to any further detail about my work but it has taken up a lot of my time. With the baby due to arrive any day now I have been given time off to be with my family. 



Loretta and I have been making good use of our last few days alone together before the baby arrives. Knowing that we are in for many sleepless nights we spent pretty much the whole time in bed together. 


The next morning I was woken up early to the moans of Loretta and her saying "it's time" over and over. I freaked for just a minute and then grabbed her bag for the hospital and off we went. When we arrived I asked for my father to be paged so that he could deliver his grandson and was given a grief stricken look by the nurse. She pulled me aside and told me that my father had been brought in last night with a cardiac arrest and he didn't make it. I was stunned in to silence until Loretta screamed that the baby was coming now. 

After fifteen grueling hours of labor our baby boy arrived healthy as a horse. We named him Ethan and he is a heavy sleeper for sure. He has Loretta's hair and my eyes, although it is hard to his hair at the moment because there is so little of it. I wish my father was here to see him but I am just happy that he knew I did it. 



After we got home and settled my mother called to see how we were doing. Loretta talked to her for a long time about my father's passing and my mother said that she was doing okay with it at the moment. I am just happy that she is not alone in the house and has my sisters there to support her. 


Loretta immediately got in to the routine of feeding and loving on Ethan before we went to bed. It helped him sleep through most of the night so we weren't so exhausted in the morning. I didn't get to spend much time with him after the first two days  we had him home because of a call I received from work. Apparently there was some kind of malfunction with my assignment and they needed me back asap to try and resolve the issue. I guess the guy they but on it to cover during my leave wasn't very good at his job. So I loved on my baby and my wife before I headed out. Who knew how long it would take to resolve this mess. 



               *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *                       
My assignment ended up taking me away from my family for almost a year. I missed so much of my sons life it mad me a little sad. The only up side is that he wont really remember missing this time with me. I did get to talk with Loretta everyday and she kept me posted on what they were doing and how Ethan was growing. I am thankful that I will be here for birthday and everyday after that. No more out of town jobs for me, I can't stand to be away from my family for so long and after all I am able to get what I want right. Might as well use that to my advantage when it comes to my family. 

*Here is some pics of what went on while I was away. 

Sleepless nights


Play time with mommy

Mommies love and care


We decided to celebrate his birthday with just us there. He sure is growing in to such a handsome boy, part his mama and part me. A perfect mix between the two of us, what more could I ask for in a son. 




*Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the update. 


3 comments: