Monday, October 10, 2011

Chapter 5

The pregnancy was really a breeze, I am so excited to be starting our family. I got to reading a couple of pregnancy books right away.


Jace was always talking to my tummy or putting his ear to my belly trying to see if he could hear the baby. When he wasn't smothering my baby bump he was playing music for me. He thought that it would help relax the baby and me. Sometimes though he would start playing while I was sleeping.....that is not exactly the best way to relax me. 




I went into labor while Jace was at work so instead of calling him to the hospital I decided to just stay at home and give birth. It was painful but in the end I got a beautiful baby boy that I named Merrick. 



Jace was a little upset that I didn't call him. He really wanted to be here for the birth of our child. I felt really bad after he said that. But what's done is done time to get over it and move on. 


Merrick woke up a lot during that first night. I tried to get some sleep but it was like he would forget that he was tired and would wake up crying for attention. So I would get up and play with him for a bit then I would sing him back to sleep. I think my little man may be absent minded. 


After I got him back to sleep I had a craving for cookies so I set to work in the kitchen and made a fresh batch. I think I was a little to tired to cook because they didn't come out very good. I actually choked on the cookie. After I threw them out I thought coffee sounded good so I made myself a nice strong cup. It tasted wonderful. 



When I finished the coffee I was to wired to sleep so I decided I would go work in my garden. It is coming along nicely, I already have 4 perfect plants. 


When Jace woke up he came outside and asked me how Merrick had been through the night. I just about bit his head, I told him he would know if he would have managed to get up and help me. 



****************************************
By Jace:

After Sita bit my head off outside I got in the shower to get ready for the day. Sitting on the couch I started thinking that something just doesn't seem right with her. I know she just gave birth to our son but she has never stayed up all night before. I had the baby monitor on in the room and I only heard him cry once through the night. It seems strange to me that she should be behaving this way. 


While I was sitting here I heard Merrick wake up and I headed off to the nursery to give him his bottle. When I finished Sita came in and I was in the middle of telling her how much I just loved our little guy when she started yelling at me again! I told her she needed to go to bed and get some rest, she is just to exhausted and doesn't know what she is saying. 


She turned around and walked away not looking to happy with me.


That night she didn't sleep again and she kept stuffing her face with food. I came down and thought it would be good if I stayed up with her. But when I got downstairs she was looking at the t.v. with the most evil look I have every seen on anyone's face before. It made me a little nervous. 




She then proceeded to play one of our video games and she just kept shouting at the t.v. I think she is going insane!


I cornered Sita in the bathroom and told her that she was behaving like a mad woman. I explained to her all the things she was doing and told her that she needed to get her act together for our son. His birthday was today and he didn't need to see his mom running around exhausted and screaming at inanimate objects or me for that matter. 


I think some of what I said got through to her because that night she came to bed. She only took a little nap but it was a start and better than nothing. I hope this means that things are going to get back to normal. 



*Sita really lost her mind after the baby was born. She didn't sleep a full night or change out of her pajamas until Merrick was almost a child. Maybe she had a bought of a sim version of postpartum depression! Poor Jace he was worried about her. He kept dreaming about her and trying to talk to her but she was having none of it. 

4 comments:

  1. Awh what a cute name for the baby boy! It's odd that she would act crazed after having the baby...maybe it's post-pregnancy hormones? haha:) Can't wait to see Merrick all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happened in my wishacy! Kate did it in gen 1 with the twins, it was very similar except I didn't have a coffee machine. She just kept napping, never slept properly, was always exhausted, passing out all the time. I had to delete the deckchair and the couch to get her to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Courtney,That is so weird! She hasn't passed out yet but that is just because she was drinking coffee none stop. Then she would just nap once every couple of days. I have never had that happen to any of my sims before.

    @Alimo, Thanks! Merrick is a little cutie pie when he gets bigger. You will see in the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - I am just catching up and cant beleive this happened to you too - Lemon went mad in mine after the third baby and i thought she was glitchy - i may have just killed her off for nothing lmao - i put mine down to post natal depression too .

    Anyway - Merrick is a cute name - i can not wait to see if he is as cute as his dad :) I hope she gets her act together soon!!

    ReplyDelete