Monday, November 28, 2011

Chapter 10

*By Merrick

I don't think mom and dad really thought out the timing of their vacation. Tomorrow is Melody's birthday and they are not going to be here for it. No wonder she was so upset about them leaving even though she did tell them she understood. It makes me wonder if they forgot it was her birthday.

At first I was a little worried at being responsible for her but really there is nothing to it. We leave for school at the same time and I get home before. So it has been a piece of cake. Last night I even read her a bedtime story, it was so cute when she feel asleep in the middle of the story. Then in the morning we ate and off to school we went.



There were two things I wanted to do very much, go on a date with Susanna and throw a party for my sister. So I called and arranged both things after school. Susanna was going to come over in a bit when she got off work and tomorrow we were going to have a party for Melody. Susanna was going to call a few kids she knows and invite them over for the party. Melody is going to be so surprised.


Since I was watching Melody she had to come with Susanna and I. We tried to go see a game but it was half over when we got there and they wouldn't let us in. So we hung out in front and chatted for awhile. You would think with my little sister there it would be weird but it wasn't. We all had a great time, Melody and Susanna get along great and have become good friends.


When Melody wasn't looking Susanna surprised me with flowers. They were nice but I thought I should have given her flowers. It just felt strange getting flowers from my girlfriend. I am glad that Melody didn't see, she would have never let me hear the end of it.


Today is Melody's birthday and party. I am not to good at cooking so I ordered pizza for everyone. The guest arrived and to my surprise they were all teens. I guess it makes sense since she will become a teen at the party. 


One thing I didn't count on was it getting busted by the cops. The party only lasted an hour before our neighbors called the police and reported the noise. It was in the middle of the afternoon for crying out loud. So I can officially say the party was a bust and nobody got to watch Melody age up.


One thing I didn't realize was they also called our parents and they came home early. My mom freaked out on me and I got grounded for a week. I tried to explain why I had the party but she didn't care all she cared about was that the police showed up. Oh please like it was some raging out of control party.



I don't even think my parents noticed that Melody was upstairs, now a teen, playing the guitar. They just yelled it was time for bed and went to their room. Before I headed to my room I went to her and apologised for how the party turned out. She forgave me and felt bad that I was grounded for throwing her a birthday party. She was a little bitter that mom and dad didn't so much as even say hi to her when they got home.



I ended up sleeping on the bottom bunk in her room. I still felt horrible but when we got p and dressed in the morning she seemed to be fine. I guess she really wasn't mad at me, only mom and dad.


After school we worked on our homework together so that we could get it done faster. We also got our school pictures that day. I hate mine but my sisters came out good. She is to pretty, the boys at my school better not even think about trying to date her or they are going to have to deal with me.



Melody knows that I have been wanting to hang out with Susanna so she distracted my mom so I could sneak out and see her. We went out to eat at the bistro downtown for dinner and while we were there I gave her a present. Then a little later I got my first kiss, I just kind of leaped forward and planted one right on her lips. I thought if I did it quick it would be less awkward. I think that was a good plan, we both just laughed a little afterwards. Then it was natural as can be like we have been kissing for ages.
  


 The bad thing about sneaking out was that Melody didn't know when I was going to be home so mom caught me sneaking back in. She was not happy with me at all!


Before I went to bed I begged and pleaded with her to let me off this time. I tried explaining to her again why I had the party in the first place and that her and dad were being jerks by ignoring the fact that they missed Melody's birthday. That gave my mom a lot to think about she admitted that they have had a lot on their minds. She let me off and said of course said no more parties with out permission.


*Sita

I felt bad about forgetting Melody's birthday and not saying anything to her about it. Jace and I have had a lot on our minds. We think I might be pregnant again and it was not something that we planned. Well it's not really ever been planned for us but with our Merrick and Melody being older we figured two was perfect for us. We have been waiting for the doctor to call us back with the results of the test.

Well no need now, it is official, I am pregnant.


I told Jace right away, he was shocked but happy as always. He said he was looking forward to having more children with me. He was hoping for another little girl but I wanted another little boy. I guess we would have to wait and see who would get what they wanted.




1 comment:

  1. That ended unexpectedly with another pregnancy. It was cute for the party to be her birthday party and it got busted.

    ReplyDelete