Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gavin ~ Chapter 3

It seemed as soon as I booked my flight my phone was ringing off the hook. I peeked at my caller id and saw it was my father. No doubt he heard about my new reputation and was having a fit. I decided to leave my phone at home right then and there.

When I arrived in Paris it took my breath away. I was staying at a shared lodge that had many other guest from around the world there too. The place was huge and had a very homey and comfortable feeling.


Feeling the jet lag from my flight, I just wanted to relax and take it easy for awhile. I checked out the book shelf and found very many interesting books that I have never even heard of before. I ended up spending the whole day sitting and reading. 


Later that night I was really hungry and wanted to try some local food. I made my way down to the town square and went to a little cafe I ordered some Bouillabaisse. It tasted amazing!


After I finished eating I really wanted to learn how to make it. So I walked over to the bookstore to buy the recipe. However they were fresh out of copies. He said that recipe was a hot item around here and it never stayed in stock long but to check back tomorrow. 


I didn't realize how exhausted I was until I walked out of the bookstore. In fact I was so tired I couldn't make it back to the hotel so I just plopped down on a bench in town square for a quick nap. It turned out not to be a quick nap and I ended up sleeping there the whole night. Good thing nobody here knows me or it would have been all over the papers I am sure. 


I was feeling well rested and only a little sore from the bench so I decided to go sight seeing today. I headed to the gallery first, I thought this would be a great place to think and try to sort out my feelings. 


I was right too, starting at some of the art work I was totally lost in thought. I thought of each woman one by one and tried to think of why I cared for them. 

Elli was my high school sweetheart even if she was never my girlfriend. We grew up together and knew each other well. Loretta was someone that I grew up with too but not in the same way as I did with Elli. Loretta and I were only friends and I never even thought twice about her until we were grown. At first I thought it was because she was no longer a vampire but that can't be right because Daisy is a vampire now and I still have feelings for her. Which brings me to Daisy, I like being around her and I think she makes a great friend and sex with a vampire is amazing. Actually the sex with all of them was amazing so I need to just take that out of the equation. Ugh....this is so hard.

I needed to head back to the hotel and shower, I was stinking up the place and people were starting to notice. When I got back though I just stared at myself in the mirror. How was I ever going to make this decision? 


With my head still whirling I thought exploring a tomb would help ease my thoughts and I was right. 

I dug up some ancient coins.


Found a skeleton, which really gave me the creeps. Let me tell you that is something that you never think you will see. 


I even stupidly stuck my hand in a hidy hole thinking I would find something special and I got covered with bugs. It was so gross but I did find something. A baseball with the name of Fouchier on it. 


I left the tomb and found a phone directory to look up the name. I saw there was a store called Fouchier General Goods and decided that would be a good place to look for the owner. It turned out her name was Estelle and that was her great grandfathers major league ball. She was extremely grateful for me bringing it back, her family thought it was lost forever.  


I was so tired after my day of exploring that I climbed in to the tent Estelle had in the store and went right to sleep. I think she didn't mind or tell me to leave because she was so happy that I returned her family heirloom. This time I did only make it a little nap and ended up back at the hotel for my last night. 


When I awoke in the morning I felt refreshed and my head was clear. I stared out the window over looking the river and thought, I know who I want to be with now and as soon as I get back I am going to ask her to marry me. I am not going to wait and let her slip away from me. That is a mistake I will never make again for as long as I live. 


It was time to head to the airport and go home. I was excited to be heading back and get a move on with my life. I know that I will be causing some heartache for two woman but I can't let that distract me. I already called and made reservations for our dinner and I planned to propose this same night. 

Goodbye Paris and hello my future wife.



3 comments:

  1. ohhhh that was such a tease!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought we was going to find out which one he picked!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that is why I ended it like that. But don't worry in the next chapter you will find out in the first few lines. I wont make you wait that long....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you'd make us wait until the next chapter! :) Awesome! On to the next chapter to find out!

    ReplyDelete